About Summit Suds
Here’s why you should use Summit Suds:
- Light Weight – Possibly the lightest backpacking soap.
- pH Neutral – Pure water has a pH level of 7 and so does our soap. Summit Suds is as harmless as water. Some popular backpacking soaps have a pH level of 10+! That can’t be great for your skin or the environment.
- Super Biodegradable – No need to feel guilty about using this soap in the backcountry. Even the pouch it comes in is compostable – plus one for the planet!
- Natural – Because… why not?
- Mess Free – No need to worry if you spill some in your pack or your gear – just blow it off!
- Fragrance Free – Don’t want to attract the animals.
- Doesn’t Freeze – It’s a powder not a liquid… science. No need to have your soap in your sleeping bag with you while you sleep to prevent it from freezing. Perfect for winter camping.
- All Purpose – Use it for Hands, body, hair, clothes, dishes.
Hey, check out this chart I made:
|Summit Suds||Soap with a PhD|
According to these check marks, Summit Suds is king of the mountain.
Info about ingredients:
- Sodium Bicarbonate – Aka baking soda, is known as a natural and powerful cleaning agent. It also eliminates odors on your stanky self and clothes.
- Sodium Cocoyl Isethionate – This is the foaming agent that comes from coconuts!
- Corn Starch – Gives a smooth feel on your hands. It comes from corn… duh.
- Methylsulfonylmethane (MSM) – This can help heal the skin and it comes from plants!
- Citric Acid – This helps get rid of dead skin cells and helps neutralize pH level.
Like all backpackers, you only want to carry what you need, and unless you are thru hiking for months at a time, you don’t need to bring 3oz of soap. We know you are just going put the soap in a smaller container. Which is why Summit Suds comes in a large compostable pouch – why give you a plastic container you will eventually throw away?
Even though Summit Suds is super biodegradable, you still need to follow Leave No Trace policies. Dig a cat hole 6 to 8 inches deep and at least 200 feet away from any water source to dispose of soapy water.
This message is Pika Pete approved.